Job Title: Data Center Solution Specialist
This position manages all of Scientel’s contracts with Data Centers, oversees all Data Center Installations and manages all cross-connects and LOAs. The Data Center Manager works closely with our technical staff and clients in providing high quality service to optimize Scientel’s presence in all current and future data centers.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements
- BSEE or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of responsible for managing Data Center Assets
- Strong understanding of fiber based technologies
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills are required
- Excellent proficiency with Windows-based computer systems and networks is mandatory
- Working level knowledge and experience in IP networking
- Experience with working with Data Center owners like Equinix, Digital Realty Trust, Telehouse, NTT, New Continuum, China Telecom, ByteGrid, etc….
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage personal workload, vendors, and deliverables, to meet aggressive project timelines
- Strong work ethic and team player
Certifications, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Travel within the region and/or throughout the country is required
- May be required to obtain a passport for occasional out of country deployment
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Must pass an extensive background check and/or drug screening tests
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction Industry 10-Hour DOL Card
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Direct Reports: None