Job Title: Regional Support Manager
The RSM is responsible for coordinating with all internal and external parties on problems and issues. The RSM manages the escalation process of all issues that require management awareness and/or assistance that may include action plans for resolution, communication with customers and ensuring that established processes are followed. Other duties include managing the change order process for any changes to the Master Agreement, providing customers with monthly reports on performance and alarms. He/She will work with the NOC to gather and create site specific customer information to ensure Managed Services has accurate and complete information to successfully monitor and manage customer systems. The RSM is the customer’s single point of contact for interfacing and issue resolution after customer acceptance. The RSM works closely with the Network Operations Center (NOC), Field Service Technicians and 3rd party contractors. The RSM facilitates problem resolutions and coordinates the day-to-day management of ad hoc problems and issues.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage Field Technician staffing, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance.
- Works directly with clients, internal staff and third-party vendors to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot customers’ IT environments.
- Handles calls directly with clients, primarily from client IT staff and executives
- Assists on calls escalated from Tier I support staff
- Reports to NOC management on status of calls
- Provides timely, accurate and detailed feedback on problem status and resolution
- Reviews system logs and reports to review alerts, customer problems and issues
- Acts as an escalation resource for remote management of client devices, including configuration changes, patching and upgrades and other requested services
- Acts as an escalation resource for triage and break/fix to resolve complicated issues reported by customers or via proactive monitoring solution; responds to customer inquiries and problems and initiates customer communications when appropriate
- Provide when needed leadership and management bridges to Technicians during outages and provide management oversight during network events/outages.
- Respond to network activities as required, which will include supporting Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments between network operations and internal/external customers
- Initiate communications between the NOC and (i) internal groups, (ii) external vendors, (iii) customers, and (iv) third party carrier/partners
- Manage incident, problem, and change tickets in accordance with NOC change management guidelines and procedures
- Provide input and feedback during test and acceptance for the use and optimization of NOC management applications/tools
- Provide quality, timely, and accurate end-to-end support for any issues within defined areas of responsibility, including but not limited to phone, email and instant message (IM) contacts; document/track incidents in the ticketing system
- Document problems by accurately and completely recording relevant information in technical logs and trouble ticketing system, including diagnostic results, multiple product correlation, and escalation and repair performance information
- Properly follows escalation procedures when outage events and/or impairments are not resolved in the prescribed amount of time
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5 + years of customer service and support
- Customer Soft skills
- P&L knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- Customer Satisfaction Mindset
- Business acumen and positive attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Network Operations Center offerings as well as a strong command of communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate with customer IT personnel regarding WLAN and wired infrastructures
- A BS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work (5-8 years) experience in a Network data center or operations center environment
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or
Reports to: Sr. Director of Operations
Direct Reports: Multiple
email Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com
Apply NowApply Now