Job Title: Field Services Technician – Level 1
The Field Technician is responsible for performing tasks associated with installation and/or maintenance of digital communication equipment. Field Technicians perform new customer installations, service calls, de-installations, and network maintenance, among other projects. The successful candidate must be driven to learn new technologies and be capable of mastering tasks quickly, self-starting and dedicated to being part of a team.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Perform installations of telecom dishes and antennas.
• Installation of cameras (indoor and outdoor) traffic poles
• Installation of wireless access points on non-penetrating mounts and inside of buildings.
• Assemble and install non-penetrating roof mounts and wall mounts, cabinets and equipment racks.
• Cabling installation (run and terminate cables, including Cat5/6, DC power (low voltage) and fiber), PVC / flex conduit installation.
• Mount and align microwave radios
• Install other connectivity equipment such as power supplies, routers, etc.
• Understand TCP/IP and networking issues.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED certificate
• 1+ year of experience installing digital wireless equipment and/or related technical fields
o Experienced with installing equipment racks, and grounding.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong organizational and planning skills, and capable of managing several complex tasks at a time
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written & verbal
• Strong customer service skills
• Must be a team player and accept instruction
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently – up to 40%
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and altitudes
• Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
• Ability to work on rooftops two stories and above
Certifications, Licenses and Additional Requirements
• Daily driving and maintenance of company vehicle
o Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
• Must have or be willing to obtain OSHA Construction Industry 10-Hour DOL Card
• Must have or be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug test