Job Title: Field Construction Manager
Overview / Summary
The Field Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for all aspects of the site build and decommissioning of rooftop projects. The Field CM reports to Lead Construction Manager (LCM). The LCM is main point of contact for all activities and communication from the Field CM.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Inspect and observe wireless construction project on-going to ensure that the site is constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications of the project
- Identifies unforeseen conditions or errors in the plans/specifications and communicates with Lead Construction Manager
- Maintains an accurate set of field notes and daily site visit log that outlines site progress, issues, concerns. Keeps catalog of progress photos
- Coordinates all site visits with landlord
- Coordinates GC schedule and ensures delivery is according to plan.
- Runs weekly deployment call for construction and PM team
- Maintains deployment database with current forecast and actualizes completed tasks daily.
- Upload / download required documents from database.
- Ad-hoc site visits as directed
- Act as Environmental Health & Safety representative
- Review close out package to ensure deliverable meets standards
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 3 years construction management in the telecom industry
- 3 years telecom construction
- 40% travel
- Possess a strong working knowledge of general construction contract agreements, the contract agreement implementation as it relates to the Guaranteed Scope of Work, reporting requirements, and financial commitment.
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of safety, estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field supervision, financial reporting, and client management.
- Self-organization is a must. Candidate must possess superior verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact well with others.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A&E site design walk
- Power/utility walks
- Bid walk (if applicable)
- Start of construction (Construction Kick Off)
- All high-risk activities such as crane lifts / once a week during construction
- Site visits are once a week per duration of construction, and during high risk activities (Crane Lifts). Safety stand-down takes place at each site visit, (which includes verification and certification of SPIN numbers, OSHA, COMTRAIN, CPR, equipment checks for wear, BOM review, etc.) Landlord interaction as required.
- Construction Complete/Punch Walk
- Customer acceptance