Job Title: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
This is a hybrid role between logistics and purchasing. The ideal candidate not only has the ability to create strategy but execute on that strategy on a day to day basis. This role will be required to review historical trends, identifying key vendors and negotiating contracts that would result in cost savings and long-term partner (vendor) relationships. They also will be responsible for creating and executing purchase orders, holding our vendors accountable to delivering those orders on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Vendor liaison on both purchasing and logistics side.
· Interface with shipping companies- including but not limited to UPS, FedEx, DHL, various freight lines.
· Coordinate shipping-including international.
· Quality Control on received inventory.
· Manage day to day purchases and processes.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with key vendors, including contract management, and supplier performance.
· Performs order follow up for timely delivery in support of schedule.
· Selects vendors, obtains and compares price quotations, negotiates terms, and awards contracts.
· Act as a liaison for purchasing and interact with other departments.
· Identify company savings programs and implement throughout the company.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelors in: Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years Purchasing experience
- Maintain an organized professional manger when representing Scientel Solutions.
- Ability to work on tasks along with prioritizing work and managing deadlines.
- Can identify areas of deficiency in processes and employ resources to optimize.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong team player, able to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Understands interactions that affect outcomes for problem solving. Uses analytical abilities to distill complex issues into workable parts for themselves. Anticipates consequences of alternative options.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with staff, vendors, other departments and senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to perform additional duties as requested or required.
Reports to: Project Manager
Direct Reports: None