Job Title: Field Services Technician – Level 2
The Field Technician is responsible for performing tasks associated with installation and/or maintenance of digital communication equipment. Field Technicians perform new customer installations, service calls, de-installations, and network maintenance, among other projects. The successful candidate must be driven to learn new technologies and be capable of mastering tasks quickly, self-starting and dedicated to being part of a team.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Perform installations of microwave dishes and antennas.
· Installation of cameras (indoor and outdoor) traffic poles
· Installation of wireless access points on non-penetrating mounts and inside of buildings.
· Assemble and install non-penetrating roof mounts and wall mounts, cabinets and equipment racks.
· Cabling installation (run and terminate cables, including Cat5/6, DC power (low voltage) and fiber), PVC / flex conduit installation.
· Mount and align microwave radios
· Install other connectivity equipment such as power supplies, routers, etc.
· Understand TCP/IP and networking issues.
· Work with the RF Engineering team to inspect RF (microwave radio) installations. This will include logging into the radios; verify radio parameters and working with the RF Engineers to ensure that radio links are installed so that they operate at the proper efficiency within the necessary operating tolerances.
· Ability to perform higher level troubleshooting of RF problems.
· Ability to interface with customers effectively and complete installations.
· Ability to secure written installation completion sign-offs from customers.
· Ability to provide guidance regarding and work with customers to resolve most installation issues.
· Be able to install and troubleshoot routers, switches and other network related equipment
· Be able to perform post installation inspections and recommend corrective action in a written, well documented manner.
· Providing guidance and technical training/direction to more junior installers
· Perform initial site walks to determine installation and materials needed.
· Perform acceptance testing.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- 3+ years of experience installing digital wireless equipment and/or in related technical fields
- Experienced with installing equipment racks, and grounding.
- Microwave and wireless radio frequency experience
- Strong Network troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and capable of managing several complex tasks at a time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be a team player and accept instruction
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently – up to 75%
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and altitudes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to work from lift/bucket truck platform up to 80′ (may require up to 100’ – IL)
- Ability to work on rooftops two stories and above
Certifications, Licenses and Additional Requirements:
- Required to be on a rotating 24/7 on-call system support schedule
- Daily driving and maintenance of company vehicle (may include bucket trucks)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Must have or be willing to obtain OSHA Construction Industry 10-Hour DOL Card
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
- May be required to obtain a bucket truck or aerial lift certification
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Familiarity with one or more of the following equipment is a major plus:
- Radio Manufacturers: Cambium, Cisco, Exalt, BridgeWave, Nokia, DragonWave, Redline, Ruckus (Wimax technology), Aruba.
- Specific Radio Models: Zebra-7161’s Access Points, DragonWave- Duo’s / Quantums, Cambium-PTP800, PTP650, PTP450, Cambium PMP radios.
- Cameras: PTZ, Domes, Fixed, IR/night vision, Analog, HD, Digital, Motobix cameras, Axis cameras
Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: None